Fresh-sliced plums garnish a blend of apple-cranberry juice and sweet white wine. MMmmm... Sounds delicious to me. Recipe Source (Nutrition Facts available on site)
* 2 teaspoons whole cloves
* 1/2 of a vanilla bean, split lengthwise
* 1 64-ounce bottle apple-cranberry juice
* 4 medium purple and/or green plums, pitted and sliced
* 1 750-ml bottle Gewurztraminer, or other fruity white wine*
* Ice cubes
1. Place cloves and vanilla bean in center of a double-thick 6-inch square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring corners of cloth together; tie closed with clean string. Pour apple-cranberry juice into a large container or pitcher. Add plums and spice bag. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
2. Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Stir in Gewurztraminer. Serve beverage and plum slices over ice. (Or omit the ice and heat the juice mixture and wine in a 4-quart Dutch oven until hot. Serve in heatproof mugs.) Makes 10 to 12 servings.
*Nonalcoholic Option: Substitute two 12-ounce cans chilled ginger ale for the Gewurztraminer, and serve over ice.